POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another skeleton : Re: Another skeleton Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another skeleton
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Sep 2006 23:50:00
Message: <web.4519f31742d57410c710aa580@news.povray.org>
"Marc" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> Steve, great minds mind don't they?
> A try with skeleton as well and dynamic cloth.
> I had to place HIM in  a Ankh-Morpok street
> So I exhumed some medievals houses by Thomas de Groot (thanks Thomas :-)
>
> comments welcome as usual
>
> Marc

I'm not familiar with the Ankh-Morpok environment, so please excuse me if my
comments make no sense ... ;-)

That iron sign hanging outside the tavern -- it looks a bit "hi tech" to me.
 Like it was cut using some laser-like technology.  Perhaps a rougher,
fatted-shaped, more "hand-made" version would be more in keeping with the
general atmosphere of the scene.

Since the door is such a large element in the scene, it also seems to cry
out for a rougher-hewn, even slightly asymetrical shape. Stronger and
tougher-looking. Like those doors in the old Hammer horror films.
To keep the goblins out!

Great scene!!!

Ken W.